Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2007

qode.com - It's in the code

This company qode.com - It's in the code has a downloadable Java application that can enable your mobile phone to read Barcodes. This technology is being used in Japan to read barcodes (from billboards or magazines) by pointing your cell camera to the barcode and taking a picture. The web browser instantly takes you the website with special offers. Imagine a McDonald's billboard with a barcode on it. You take a picture and get a 20% coupon on your cell.

I have a version of this app on my MOTORAZR and it works well. I also tried this on the ISBN number of the book on my desk and I was taken to its publisher's website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now this is where technology is heading! I came across a really cool program called Yoober which is still in beta but which claims to be able to do this to. I suppose the key will be who masters the land grab and when!
Nice one!